Monday, October 7, 2013

Sharing my passion for our stories

 
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” – Ephesians 2:10

      The beautiful thing about life is that there is always a story to tell. In every person, in every movement, in every day; there is a story. And it is a beautiful one. It is a masterpiece. For it is written with the thoughtful hands of a Creator worthy of all our praise. Every line of every story is woven through the Potter's hands, knitted together with careful attention. Your life is a story – and it is chosen for you. My passion is story-telling. My passion is going deep into the story and bringing Glory to the Writer. I want to discover my story. I want to unlock the hidden pages of an epic masterpiece. I want to partner with you to discover your story. Because God chose you to be apart of a story only you can tell. And He is inviting you and I to join Him in showing the world His love and desire for redemption and relationship.

     Our stories are beautiful but that does not mean they would be easy to read. Your story may even be too painful for you to go back and even think about trying to tell. There are some things we would all rather just forget. Believe me, I understand that. But the Lord wants to bring even the darkest parts of our life into the light. He wants to take our brokenness and restore it – to restore us – into something beautiful. It is in our brokenness, in our weakness, that He wants to use us. It is there that we get to live and move in His strength.

     My encouragement for you is to spend time in prayer. Spend time in relationship with your Creator and ask Him to reveal your story. He is the true Author. Remember, you were made in the image of the Creator. You are His masterpiece. He invites you along; to create, to inspire, to reveal His love. Life is story. In every person, in every memory, in every trial, in every day; there is a story. And my dear friend, it is beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment