Saturday, September 17, 2011

Starting is half the battle

Well, here it goes.  After much gentle nudging from my wonderful husband, I have finally decided to start a blog.  Many people don't know, but one of my biggest passions is writing.  I have been doing it for years and most of what I write never gets read by anyone.  I think it is one of my biggest fears to share what I write.  Most of the time, it is things that are very close to my heart, things people don't even know about me.  I get to caught up in what people think about my writing instead of focusing on the fact that I just enjoy doing it.  It's not only Jared that is asking me to open myself up and share my writing, but I believe that the Lord has been tugging at my heart for years to finally share this passion of mine.  I keep making excuses and clinging to my fear.  So, starting is half the battle of getting over that fear.  I really have no idea where this blog might go or who might even read it.  But that's not the point. This is me, sharing myself and my passions.
 
Something that the Lord has really been laying on my heart lately has been the idea that He desires for us to live a full, abundant life.  One that is filled with joy and passion.  I cannot say that I have done this.  Most of the time I let fear control my life instead of really living and enjoying what God is doing.  So as I begin this journey of learning what an abundant life is, I look forward to opening up my heart, no matter how hard it might be, and seeing what God wants to do through this blog. 

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to follow your blog through out the years. I know you have loved writing and what a great place to do it. And this is one step of kicking that fear away and opening up. I am proud of you Michelle and always have been. You are a wonderful woman of God and I know you are a great wife for Jared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, fellow blogger! What a great outlet for the gift of a love for writing that the Lord has given you. I am glad you were "nudged" into the blogging world - I love it myself and truly believe that it is a worthwhile outlet and vehicle to share your faith and encourage one another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading. Thanks for beginning!

    ReplyDelete