Sunday, May 27, 2012

A New Adventure!

In my last post I shared with you the story of a possible move to California.  Through that whole experience we learned so much and I believe we were tested in our obedience to God.  Were we really willing to go anywhere the Lord was asking us?  Even if it meant taking us out of our comfort zones and away from our family, would we go if God called?  We really got a chance to ask ourselves that and put into practice our faith in God's plan.  In the end, God made it our choice whether we would stay or go and we know now He was only preparing us to obey Him to a call I believe He planned long ago.

And so a new adventure begins! My husband is now the Youth Director at Corvallis Evangelical and we could not be more excited! I have known, before Jared and I even started dating, that he has a huge heart for students.  He is so passionate about teaching and sharing about the Lord and so when the opportunity came open, I knew it was something we would have to pursue.  After praying about it and going through the hiring process with the church, we are so excited to begin this next chapter.  There is a great group of students and we are so excited to get to know them more. 

I truly believe that the Lord has a perfect plan and promise for every one of His children.  He has been faithful to us beyond anything we could ever ask or imagine.  We ask for your prayer as we start this adventure and we know that with the support we have already been shown, God is going to do some amazing things! We are blessed to be along for the ride! 

I wanted to share this song because it is our response to God asking us to obey Him.  We want to do what the Lord calls us to do, wherever that may take us.  When you ask God to work in your life, He will.  When you ask Him to be in control, He will.  As scary as it may be when you choose to step out of the boat, God never abandons us.  I pray that you may be encouraged.


No comments:

Post a Comment