Monday, May 14, 2012

A crazy month of growing faith

I know that it has been awhile since my last blog but it really feels like there has been a lot going on.  God has been doing so much in my life and Jared's and honestly, I'm just trying to keep up with processing it all, that I haven't even been able to think of how to coherently capture everything to share with you.  We serve such a faithful God!  I am amazed, more every day, about how deep His love goes and the beautiful life He has created.  He has really been changing and transforming my heart lately.  It has been beautiful but at times paralyzing.  There will be another blog to come talking about how painful change can be but for this one I want to share something that God has been doing in our lives and our marriage.

I can't go into all of the details because this blog would probably turn into a novel.  In the beginning of March, Jared received an offer to consider a teaching position in California.  We had no idea the crazy few weeks we were embarking on.  This had been brought up to him before and we had both declined it, not thinking it was for us.  We love where we are.  Well, this time was different.  After initially saying no, after not even discussing it what-so-ever, we shared over coffee the next day how neither one of us could stop thinking about this possible adventure.  After a lot of prayer, Jared submitted his application.  We were then offered the opportunity to go down for an interview.  We were headed down to Disneyland with his family for spring break so the two of us ended up leaving a few days early to stop and visit the school.  Jared and I were excited and scared.  We spent so much time in the those few short weeks talking and talking and talking about what God was doing in our lives, where He was calling us, what we wanted our marriage to look like and stand for.  It really was one of the greatest months of our marriage thus far because God was so evident in our lives.  We were being changed and molded, our faith and trust kept growing, and we were falling even more in love with each other.  Our trip down to Monterey was truly an adventure - car troubles and all.  I'm trying to keep this short, I promise.

It's hard to really sum up an incredible month but ultimately we decided we would not accept the position.  Both of us lost that excitement about the move and with lots of prayer, decided it wasn't the right place for us.  We want to put roots down and know that God has us in Corvallis for a reason.  This is where we want to invest ourselves and where God is laying His foundation for us.   I am thankful that since we made the decision, neither one of us have had any doubts or second guessed ourselves what-so-ever. 

Jared and I are learning what it means to trust God even when we don't see His plans.  The worry-wort in me would like things to be a little bit more stable and with a lot less uncertainty.  But God has always been faithful and has always provided for us.  I am so thankful for that.  I am challenging myself to write a lot more frequently now and hopefully I can continue to share some of the incredible things the Lord is doing.

I pray that you may see the faithfulness of God in a new way today.  Whether it is in the sunrise, in the face of your child, in the extra money He gave you to make it the rest of the month, or in the quiet promise that He has every tear you cry in the palm of His hands. 

"The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made." Psalm 145:13

2 comments:

  1. Very powerful Michelle!!! I love it! Can't wait to hear the rest coming. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to have a partner in life who you can pray over things with that could ultimately change your life?! So exciting for you two to be open to where God is leading you, but nice that He still has plans for you here close to your families:)

    ReplyDelete